What a spoiled brat!

Today, I stumbled across an article that made me want to roll my eyes so hard they nearly fell out of my eye socket.

This 20-year-old girl “humble brags” that her college tuition of $58,775 per year was fully paid for by her parents. Her tone in the article seems like she ain’t got the money or time to work while going to school. I just wanted to vomit. Get real. This girl has it way easier than she thinks.

I had to work a job to earn money for everyday basic things (like food and gas) while going to school (plus I’ve interned too). I also took out a school loan because I didn’t want to burden my parents. I am still paying off my loan 6 years since I graduated (I’m almost done).

She then talks about living in a townhouse (near campus I assume). Dang, aren’t townhouses run by HOAs that require a monthly maintenance fee ($200-400/month)? Also, she talks about how her parents stock her fridge with groceries at her discretion and time.

Damn, either her parents are super rich or they don’t have a backbone at all – could be both.

She makes the reader empathize with her that her $17 meal of tacos or her weekly $8.99 acai drink doesn’t make her feel the least bit entitled – and if anything makes her feel poor (I beg to differ).

I am baffled.

If this wench had money to go do her eyebrows and nails and buy a new pair of sandals with a denim jacket, then she sure as hell can find a job to help her parents pay for HER own tuition.

She better be grateful and remember to take care of her parents when they’re old. And not take advantage of them for their money and put them in a nursing home to be forgotten.

I am so sick of people who just take, take, take. Doesn’t matter if it’s family or not. Rule of thumb in life, give more than you take.

I know my future daughter or son would not have the same treatment. They will work hard for everything in their life and I will make sure that they stay humble.

Here’s the link if you’re interested in reading the full story: http://www.businessinsider.com/college-student-budget-spending-tuition-2018-6?utm_content=bufferbf25e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkedin.com&utm_campaign=BI-linkedin#on-monday-i-spent-2599-on-food-and-drinks-throughout-the-day-3

Disclaimer: Okay. Yeah, she works for $15/hr as a baby sister, but she just needs to spend her money more wisely. She should not spend beyond her means and expect her parents to cover for everything – I am sure raising her was already so much. Damn selfish brat!

Disclaimer 2: I wrote this blog after I read half of her story. She does admit at the end that she needed to make some improvements.

I used to eat bread with sugar…living off of less than $5 a week on food -_-

Some people don’t know how good they have it. If theyre able to go out to eat, then they’re not poor.

I think she’d be fine with the dollar menu at McDonald’s or Taco Bell on her budget, but she chooses to go to Starbucks and fine dining restaurants. I thought you were working while going to school? I have worked since I was 16 years old. I started to support myself early on and stopped asking my parents for help.

Yes they don’t change, hence US genociding Yemen, Syria, and who know what other dozen countries next to fly forgotten baby monitors in private jets!

This was during the time when I just had a baby and was also going to school full time. Everything that I saved up went to the baby. :relieved:

If only these billionares could balance their lavish lifestyles with some philanthropic/humantarian work, I wouldn’t despise them so much.

Strong people don’t quit! They don’t make excuses. They can pass this trait on to their kids. :clap::+1: