Acer x27 Predator 144hz

Anyone have one? I’m finally getting one and boy they arent cheap!

I have the Acer Predator 17. Been using it for the past year and a half to record music and on occassions play video games. Really good laptop. I’d get subwoofers though next time as add-on.

yea im a big gamer. i had to go for the gsync 144hz @ 4k. for the price i was thinking maybe i should just buy another computer but since i been a good boy this year i deserve this special treat

Main thing left out in this thread besides 2 peanut heads talking about needs and wants are specs. What are we talking about here?

You can find specs with a quick google search. PC Specs don’t turn me on as much as car specs. You know, torque and RPM…so damn sexy.

haha talkin about a 4k gaming monitor i bought to play minecraft

You need one of these:

What kind of graphic card do you have? Would it be able to handle 4K with at least a stable fps of 60 or greater? I was looking into The new nvidea GPU the RTX 2080ti and for it’s price at $1200 I’d expect it to run heavy graphics intense games at at least over 140 fps at 4k. But from what i’m Looking up I’m seeing it can’t run most heavy graphical game over 100fps at 4K…The solid spot for a gaming monitor would be 1440p with 144hz+ right now. I feel like 4K is still too new and they really haven’t produce any strong GPU to crank up the Fps and use the full potential of 144z. In conclusion I’d say make sure you have a strong enough graphic card to run those specs. If not guess you’ll have to upgrade the GPU also lol…

Lol the day I’m upgrading my p.c is the day when this game drops…
Ninja This game looks ill a fuck. Have you seen this clip yet?

i have dual titan x’s on my setup. they are 4k ready not the best but they will get the job done

Oh nice nice…they’ll definitely put in work running almost every game over 60 frames per second…FPS is a big issue for me lol anything lower than 60 will dry my eyeballs out and give me a migraine. That shit ain’t no fun lol…

well thats the idea hoping for the best. i might just even upgrade my whole rig in 2020 when gpus are cheaper

quite honestly the gaming aspect was one thing but to also i wanted to watch movies in HDR on my computer. I dont subscribe to any cable channels but I do have amazon prime and other streaming services so I decided to go with a 27". I’m pretty much a nerd and will waste my money on anything computer related

i dont like racing games for wahtever reason. lmao but i do like me some counterstrike or strategy games like civilization

you were correct it runs 4k at 60fps res perfectly. however i am going to upgrade my rig in a bit and see if i can hit 144 fps on 4k. wish me luck and RIP bank account i was already looking at specs and 2 titan voltas come in around 6k. looking to spend around 15k on my next rig

I could be wrong but I feel like it’ll take at least 3 to 4 more years to run at a stable 144fps at 4k…4k has been out like almost 4 years already?and they still can’t push it lol. They need to stop fronting and transcend to that quantum technology…

spent 7k last night building a new 4k rig. ill post pics once i have everything done

ok so heres the build :

|90x81

Thermaltake Core V71 Tempered Glass Edition E-ATX Full Tower

|90x74

Acer Predator X27 bmiphzx 27" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Monitor with NVIDIA G-SYNC HDR | Quantum Dot | Up to 144Hz Refresh | Adobe RGB | (Display Port

[|90x90]

Track package

Innovation Cooling Graphite Thermal Pad – Alternative To Thermal Paste/Grease (40 X 40mm)

Track package

|90x90

Intel Intel Core i9-7980XE Processors

|86x90

ASUS PRIME X299-DELUXE LGA2066 DDR4 M.2 U.2 THUNDERBOLT 3 USB 3.1 X299 ATX Motherboard with Dual Gigabit LAN and 802.11AD WIFI for Intel Core X-Series Processors

|90x90

NZXT RL-KRX62-02 Kraken X62 280mm All-in-one Water/Liquid CPU Cooling with Software Controlled RGB Lighting

|90x64

RAZER HUNTSMAN ELITE: Opto-Mechanical Switch - Multi-Functional Digital Dial & Media Keys - Leatherette Wrist Rest - 4-Side Underglow - Gaming Keyboard

|90x902

2 of ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 TI 11GB VR Ready 5K HD Gaming Graphics Card (ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G-GAMING)

and after im done building it im gonna upload a picture of it with the price tag so my bich ass ex wife can see that im doing jus fine witout her. :slight_smile:

That’s a solid build!!why not go for the 2080 Ti? Lol I had to get a clearer perspective of this build so I used this site
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zDkhYT
I’m pretty sure you’re aware of this site but if not this shit helps a tone. You can adjust parts and do some tweaking and all