Wait Til AFTER US Independence Day to see FUNAN 2018 Anime Movie About CIA Rouge

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mr.Children 4 days, 13 hours ago.

• Author

Pleu
    Participant

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/funan-review-1120476

Jom.. are they f#cking kidding or what? While NYers can watch the movie NOW, Cambodians in Cambodia Town or Socal have to wait till AFTER July 4th, and those in norcal have to wait at least a week from now. boycott!

Mr.Children
    Participant

The worst part is how Khmer documentaries are so hard to get your hands on. They are mainly shown at community events…and that’s it. They want to spread the message…but you can’t share it at home with your friends or family.

That being said, I think that Khmer people are so focused on the past. It’s good to know the past, but we dwell on it. Even young Khmer American in their teens use the war and the Khmer Rouge as excuses to why they can’t succeed. When you give people reasons to fail, they will use it as reasons to fail.

Mr.Children
    Participant

Time thinking about the past, is time taken away from thinking of the future.

Just think about it … how often do you hear Khmer people talk about doing something outside of the ghetto? Besides some construction in the ghetto, having children, or fantasizing about getting that beamer in 2 years…what do we think of? We’re too focused on what happened decades ago and a thousand years ago. Older Khmer people have 30-40 years left to live…and the thought of maybe learning English in an English country didn’t even pop up in their minds. Yet no shortage of old Khmer ladies driving Luxury cars.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 14 hours ago by  Mr.Children.

Pleu
    Participant

Absolutely.. at so many f#ing levels… again why make the community most affected – THE REFUGEES THEMSELVES, ie, CambodiaTown area/Socal – be like the ‘talk of the town’ yet make em wait to be LAST in LINE to see a movie about themselves almost 2 YEARS after it was RELEASED, making sure the whole rest of the WORLD see it first then the victims finally get to see it and even then yea, like almost avoid them from seeing it unless they happen to at a film festival or hear about it on here? i mean that is so spitefully wrong at so many levels

plus to say you have to wait -like clockwork- till the MORNING AFTER after America’s Independence day, to finally get to see it, totally screws it over even moreso, rubbing it in.

indeed, when i ask even khmers born here why they into drugs, hoes, etc.. they say ‘khmer rouge’.

timing IS everything!

Mr.Children
      Participant

I see Vietnamese do business in Khmer communities. The Vietnamese look down on Khmer people, but make money off Khmer people. Just like Koreans make money off black people. I remember at the Vietnamese food store, I was standing in line behind a long line of Khmer people. At the front, the Vietnamese cashier stand there just having a long conversation with his buddy, while all the Khmer people wait. I observe and eventually the Vietnamese guy ended the conversation and check the Khmer girl out. I left because it was BS….but it shows how Khmer people think. They get treated like a bunch of n*ggers…and Khmer people wait in line..gladly give their money to the Vietnamese. Vietnamese get rich off Khmer people…everybody get rich off Khmer people…..and Khmer people are poor.

Like Black people, Khmer people allow ourselves to be victims and to be taken advantage of. Khmer people spend all their money on luxury cars..pretending to be rich, but no money left. Japanese and white people smile to the bank. Most Khmer Americans kids on free lunch! Khmer people think they are smart to save a few hundred bucks a year on kids lunch.

Pleu
      Participant

would be nice to see how our ppl are portrayed in FUNAN 2018.. but guess will still be another month til can finally see it.

hopefully its better than todays locals who seem constantly under some sort of spell where all care about is clear-coating and detailing their newly financed beamer, lexus or latest-model honda at the carwash then banging hoes in it before going home to wifey, her kids from another daddy, and old folks at home all under one crowded roof rented out from some youns – who indeed tend to look down on them like kmaos for some reason, whilst so nice to barang/saw ppl tho =/

Mr.Children
      Participant

It’s just another story about the Khmer Rouge regime. I get that it’s good to know the past, but we dwell so much on it. We become like black people who are obsessed with slavery and discrimination of the past…but hardly talk about the future.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Close